Do you want to add some marketing education to your resume? If you don’t have a degree in marketing, here are over 60 online courses and certificate programs that can help you impress potential clients and employers.
Learn how to use Ahrefs’ tools, data, and SEO metrics to improve SEO with the Ahrefs Certification. For Ahrefs users only.
Association of National Advertisers
CAMP (Certified ANA Marketing Professional) is a rigorous, 35-hour online certification program that has been developed specifically with the ANA marketer in mind. Covering the entire marketing process, from brand strategy and brand activation, to marketing implementation across digital, and analytic applications, CAMP represents the full spectrum of marketing activities that every marketer should be familiar with. CAMP is free for Platinum Tier members and up to $1,999 for non-members.
The following certifications are from BrainStation, the global leader in digital skills training. Certifications cost $2,450 – $3,250 each, with payment options available.
- Digital Marketing Certification – Accelerate your digital marketing career with cutting-edge skills in marketing strategy, SEO, SEM, social media, and email marketing.
- SEO Certification – In this SEO and SEM Analytics course, use keyword research, search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC) strategies to develop a comprehensive search engine marketing (SEM) plan.
- Social Media Marketing Certification – In this Social Media Marketing course, develop an extensive social media strategy, planning paid and organic efforts across multiple social platforms.
BrightEdge is the leading enterprise-grade SEO platform and has developed a technical marketing SEO credential that helps validate the expertise and knowledge of their more than 28,000 global users. Free for BrightEdge users.
Digital Marketing Institute
In partnership with the American Marketing Association (AMA), Digital Marketing Institute offers the following certifications. Certifications cost $1,955 – $5,870 each.
- Certified Digital Marketing Expert + PCM Advanced Digital Marketing – This exclusive Advanced Digital marketing course delivers the latest thinking in Digital Strategy, CX, Social Media, Search, Leadership & Management. Delivered fully online, the interactive course modules are bite-sized, innovative and contain fully embedded study notes to aid learning.
- Professional Certificate in Digital Marketing + PCM – Learn Google Ads (PPC), Analytics, Facebook Ads, content marketing, SEO and more. Two certifications for the price of one.
- Search Marketing Course (Professional Diploma) – This dynamic specialized online search marketing course covering SEO, paid search (PPC), Google Adwords, Microsoft Ads (Bing Ads), and digital display advertising gives you the skills, know-how, strategy and techniques to be that change.
- Social Media Marketing Course (Professional Diploma) – This dynamic specialized online social marketing course covering Facebook, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube and Instagram gives you the skills, know-how, strategy and techniques to be that change.
DigitalMarker offers several mastery courses and certifications in digital marketing. Certifications are $495 each.
- Analytics and Data Specialist – With this course, you’ll have the ability to collect & analyze data to answer TOUGH business questions.
- Community Management Specialist – As a Certified Community Management Specialist, you’ll know exactly how to build a community from the ground up that will grow your brand, your brand advocates, and your overall revenue.
- Content Marketer – In this newly updated Mastery Course, you’ll work through a step-by-step process to create content that is proven to generate leads, convert leads into first-time buyers, and sell more to the customers you already have.
- Conversion Rate Optimization Specialist – As a Certified Conversion Rate Optimization Specialist, you are uniquely qualified to help brands convert their existing traffic into even more leads and sales.
- Customer Value Optimization Specialist – As a Certified Customer Value Optimization Specialist, you’ll know how to architect a “conversion funnel” that gives businesses exactly what they want.
- Direct-Response Copywriter – Learn the secret strategies for crafting gripping sales copy that seizes attention and sparks desire for your product or service.
- Ecommerce Marketing Master – This program will teach you absolutely everything you need to optimize any ecommerce store to generate more sales & profit.
- Email Marketing Master – Discover the proven plan for effortless, automated email marketing that generates AT LEAST 200% more sales from the list you already have.
- Paid Traffic Master – Learn the secret strategies for driving quality traffic from platforms like Facebook, Google, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Search Marketing Mastery – Become a Certified Search Marketing Specialist And Start Boosting Your Sales by Attracting and Converting Your Ideal Leads Everywhere They Are
The social media giant offers several courses for marketers and advertisers using Facebook for business. Exams are $99 – $150 each.
- Facebook Certified Digital Marketing Associate – Measures foundational competency in creating, managing and reporting on ads across Facebook, Instagram and Messenger.
- Facebook Certified Marketing Science Professional – Measures competency in using data, insights and measurement to make informed marketing recommendations.
- Facebook Certified Creative Strategy Professional – Recognizes advanced comprehension and strategic application of mobile fundamentals on Facebook apps and services.
- Facebook Certified Media Planning Professional – Measures competency in designing Facebook media strategies that align to business goals and marketing plans.
- Facebook Certified Media Buying Professional – Measures competency in campaign management to reach business goals required to buy ads on Facebook, Instagram and Messenger.
- Facebook Certified Marketing Developer – Measures technical implementation of marketing solutions (Facebook pixel, standard events, custom conversions).
- Facebook Certified Advanced Marketing Developer – Measures technical implementation of advanced solutions (SDK/App events, dynamic ads, offline conversions).
- Facebook Certified Advertising API Developer – Measures technical competency in configuring and troubleshooting Marketing API integrations.
- Facebook Certified Community Manager – Recognizes the advanced comprehension of best practices and standards for online community management.
Facebook also offers a Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate through Coursera. Enroll for free.
Forrester B2B marketing certification courses accelerates your team’s ability to align and create strategic marketing programs that achieve business objectives and grow revenue. The course costs $2,099.
In addition to free certifications for Google Analytics and Google Ads, Google offers a free Fundamentals of digital marketing certification. There are 26 modules to explore, all created by Google trainers, packed full of practical exercises and real-world examples to help you turn knowledge into action.
In addition to certifications for their platform, HootSuite offers the following social media certifications. Certifications cost $249 – $400 each.
- Advanced Social Advertising – The most sophisticated organizations use paid social—including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram ads—to drive business objectives at every stage of the customer journey. This certification gives marketers the knowledge and skills they need to use these tools most effectively.
- Foundations of Social Advocacy Certification – This short course guides you toward a more influential and respected online presence. You’ll build your personal brand through optimizing your social profiles, sharing valuable content, and engaging respectfully and productively in social media communities.
- Social for Health Care Certification – This certificate is developed for health care professionals who want to use social media platforms wisely, measure their success, and communicate the value of social media for organizational and professional development.
- Social Marketing Certification – By taking this course you’ll develop foundational social marketing skills to grow followers, engagement, and business results.
- Social ROI and Value Analysis – The online exam is based on the Social ROI and Value Analysis Training courseware, a comprehensive series of multimedia tutorials, webinars, resources covering everything from goal and KPI setting through to pulling data, to conveying it persuasively to senior leadership.
- Social Selling Certification – Social selling consists of three main components—establishing a professional social media presence, researching and planning your social selling activities, and prospecting and engaging on social media.
The following are free online certification courses on marketing from HubSpot. They also offer additional certifications for their marketing automation platform and inbound sales.
- Content Marketing – This certification course will give you an overview of how to become an effective content marketer.
- Contextual Marketing – The content in this certification is closely tied to who your contacts are and how they’re segmented. To get the most out of this course, you should have at least 500 contacts in your HubSpot CRM and should feel comfortable with lead segmentation strategies.
- Digital Advertising – In this certification course, you’ll learn everything you need to create a customer-centric advertising strategy, including journey-based advertising, bidding and targeting strategies, paid search, social media advertising, programmatic, reporting, and more.
- Digital Marketing – The Digital Marketing Certification Course will teach you how to become an effective digital marketer with an inbound-first mindset.
- Email Marketing – This email marketing course will teach you how to create an email marketing strategy that grows your business, and your career.
- Inbound – The Inbound Certification Course teaches you how to run a successful inbound business, from marketing to sales to services.
- Sales Enablement – This course was designed with marketing managers in mind, but other marketers as well as sales leaders can benefit from learning the principles involved in this approach to sales enablement.
- SEO – Learn all things SEO, including website optimization, link building, keyword research, and much more.
- Social Media Marketing – Join HubSpot Academy professor, Crystal King, and invest in your business’ growth and your career by learning how to: build an effective social media strategy, set up social listening and moderation, create social content, extend your reach, excel in digital advertising, measure ROI, and more.
The following are SEO certifications from Moz, professional tools that make SEO, inbound marketing, link building, and content marketing easy.
- SEO Essentials Certification – In a nutshell, the series is an on-demand instructor-led, six-part course that combines comprehensive, fundamental SEO education with actionable ways to implement your newfound skills using Moz Pro. This course costs $595.
- Technical SEO Certification – Covering the fundamentals, crawling, indexing, accessibility and site performance, you’ll receive three hours of on-demand instructor-led content. This course costs $295.
The OMCP (Online Marketing Certified Professional) digital marketing certification is awarded to professionals who have verified experience, extensive training, and have demonstrated knowledge of digital marketing best practices across multiple digital marketing disciplines. All three exams cost $395.
In addition to several free exams on using Semrush for competitor research, link building, and rank tracking, they offer two free exams on SEO. The Role of Content exam allows you to test your knowledge of the role of content in SEO and check your understanding of link basics. You can also test your content marketing and SEO fundamentals knowledge and practical skills by taking this exam.
Email marketing platform, Sendinblue, offers a free email marketing course and certificate. You will get expert advice on how to handle personalized contact management, segmentation, optimizing your campaign’s performance, and growing your subscriber list with compelling signup forms.
Simplilearn is the world’s #1 online bootcamp and one of the world’s leading certification training providers. They offer certifications covering a wide range of topics, including the following. Cost per certification ranges from $599 (self-paced) to $999 (online boot camp), plus custom corporate training options.
- Advanced Content Marketing Certification Training Course – Master various aspects of planning and executing content marketing strategies to create impressive content with greater efficiency and impact with this Advanced Content Marketing Certification course.
- Advanced Email Marketing Certification Training – Learn how to draft an email and develop expertise in creating effective advertisements and brand awareness, and building customer trust and loyalty.
- Advanced Pay Per Click (PPC) Certification Training – The Advanced PPC Training Course will transform you into an industry-ready paid marketing professional.
- Digital Marketing Associate – The Digital Marketing Associate (DMA) program will prepare you to become a complete digital marketer. One of the world’s fastest-growing disciplines, this Digital Marketing Associate Program will increase your job market value and enable you to handle end-to-end marketing campaigns.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Training Course – Our Advanced Search Engine Optimization course will transform you into a full-stack SEO professional driving sustained growth in your website’s most critical marketing channel.
University Certificate Programs
The following universities offer certificate programs in marketing. Costs typically do not include textbooks or additional university registration fees.
- Berkeley Extension – Stand out in the fast-moving field of marketing with training in the latest concepts and techniques: marketing analytics, digital marketing, search engine optimization, brand management, paid advertising, social media and marketing research. Program tuition is $4,700.
- Northwestern – The Professional Certificate in Digital Marketing program provides a launchpad for advancing your career in digital marketing. Participants will gain a broad overview of the digital marketing landscape, develop the in-demand skills that hiring managers are seeking, and discover their own unique niche in this rapidly expanding domain. Program tuition is $6,950.
- UC San Diego Extension – The Professional Certificate in Marketing is designed for individuals looking to develop the skills needed to enter the field or advance their career and knowledge base. This comprehensive program covers a range of integrated marketing channels and provides core competencies needed to create, implement, manage, and analyze effective campaigns. Program tuition is $4,475.
- University of Maryland – This program will prepare you for the future of marketing and arm you with the most critical tools and skills to drive value at your company. You will learn the key marketing skills most in-demand today, including: omni-channel marketing, marketing analytics, social media strategy, online advertising, and AI approaches to customer value analysis. Program tuition is $1,896
- University of Phoenix – In as little as seven months, you can gain the specialized skills to win consumers’ hearts and minds. And since courses are just 5 weeks long, they won’t get in the way of your busy life. Program tuition is $7,164.
- Wharton Online – In our online digital marketing courses, you’ll learn the key marketing skills most in-demand today: omni-channel marketing, marketing analytics, social media strategy and analysis, and data-driven customer-centric approaches to customer retention. Program tuition is $2,340.