Are you working as a freelance writer for a business? Or are you a business about to hire a freelance writer? In either case, you should consider using a contract. In this post, I’ll share 14 examples of contracts for freelance writers and independent contractors.
What should be covered in a freelance writer contract?
Contracts for freelance writers and independent contractors should cover who owns the rights to the content produced and other agreed upon terms (rates, duration of contract, scope of work, etc.). Non-disclosure agreements are also common for companies that need to share confidential information with writers to produce content.
Freelance Writer Contracts
- Consulting Agreement from Graphite.net
- Editing Letter of Agreement
- Freelance Agreement from NPR
- Freelance Contract from Legaltemplates.net
- Freelance Writer Agreement Example
- Freelance Writer Agreement from Content26
- Freelance Writer Agreement from The Daily Caller
- Freelance Writing Agreement from Okanagan Life Magazine
- Freelance Writer Contract Sample from the International Association of Writers and Editors
- NDA with a Freelancer from Freelancer.com
- Publication Rights and Work for Hire Agreement from Peakwriting.com
- Sample Freelance Writer Agreement for a Newspaper
- Sample Freelance Writing Contract from Templates.net
- Work for Hire Agreement with a Ghostwriter